POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : After long absence... Vegetation at Work! : Re: After long absence... Vegetation at Work! Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: After long absence... Vegetation at Work!
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 9 Jul 2002 14:07:04
Message: <3D2B265A.E540117F@gmx.de>
Marc Jacquier wrote:

> Hi
> I did something similar: check slope & altitude, filter with a bitmap to
> avoid chosen zones and grass-patches rather than single blades
> http://marc.jacquier.free.fr/Pics/Pen_ar_bed_herb.jpg
> Marc

That bitmap-option is on my to-do-list, along with the combinining
of different sized objects to vegetate a heightfield with different plants,
stones, trees etc.
Did you test for intersections or just randomly placed them in the chosen
zones, where slope & altitude met the requirements?
Care to elaborate a little, I'm really interested!

And the image looks great, though the water and the sky look a little
strange...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde